This month Rose Hudson has started working on wlroots as part of Google Summer of Code! She will focus on reducing frame latency by implementing an adaptive frame scheduler. She already has landed new wlroots APIs to measure render time. You can follow Rose’s blog if you’re interested.
Other wlroots contributors have been hard at work too. Alexander has
implemented the new render pass API for GLES2, and while at it he’s
significantly improved its performance. I hope this will help with weak SoCs
and power usage. A big refactoring from vyivel has been merged to
unify the map/unmap logic across all shells. I’ve moved some of the cursor
logic over from
wlr_cursor (with the eventual goal of
wlr_output and removing most of the cursor-specific logic). And
we’ve all fixed a whole bunch of bugs!
The NPotM is lodns. It’s a
simple local DNS resolver which forwards queries to a DNS-over-TLS or
DNS-over-HTTPS server. It’s somewhat similar to
missing are a way to forward local hostnames to the DNS resolver advertised via
DHCP and support for
The new gamja channel switcher
As usual, I’ve made small improvements to various projects. I’ve added a fast
tab switcher for gamja: press Ctrl+k, type a few letters to filter the
channels, and press enter to switch. I’ve contributed to the upcoming
IRCv3 message redaction extension and implemented it in goguma. kanshi
has gained a
kanshictl switch command to manually switch to another profile.
go-oauth2 now supports dynamic client registration. gyosu generates
typedef. And more! But that’s enough for today, see you